I suggest you ...

Explosing the Monitoring Class name and Monitoring Object ID on the console

On the current SCOM console, only the display name of the monitoring class is visible. Would be nice if the actual monitoring class name, and the monitoring object ID can be displayed in the console (i.e. in the state views). This would help MP developers and SCOM users looking up objects when writing MPs, dashboards and scripts.

52 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tao Yang shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alexey Zhuravlev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not sure I need this right in the console. I am afraid this will cause a console performance degradation. What I would like to see is:
        - "Advanced Properties" in the context menu for every object. Here you can see all IDs, GUIDs etc. Query a DB for a single object should not be a performance issue.
        - "Search by GUID" tool somewhere in the "Tools" menu. With ability to find a workflow or object by ID.

• Tao Yang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like Kevin's idea. or maybe provide more information such as IDs for people who have higher access (administrators, authors, etc.), but hide them from normal operators?

• Kevin Holman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should provide a UIpageset on the first page that says "basic" or "advanced" and then keep it stupid simple for basic users, then expose the ID's for advanced users who want access to these ID's without using MOMUIGenerated_______

Feedback and Knowledge Base