Someone needs to properly start managing the SCOM catalog behind 'import management packs'.
Currently it's quite a mess/chaos:
- It contains MPs for obsolete products,
- The descriptions of many management packs make not completely clear which MP you should actually choose, sometimes there are several versions, etc
- Many Microsoft products are missing
- Some management packs are available on the internet but not in via the catalog
- There are sample entries in the catalog (in a production catalog environment?!)
- Some server roles seem to have multiple management packs or legacy dependencies because MPs are stacked and nobody took effort to actually build new ones
- Some MPs fail to pass security verification and therefore need to be downloaded from internet instead!
There is a really nice website systemcenter.wiki. This website well constructed and very informative, it's almost ridiculous that this structure is not represented in the catalog itself.