I suggest you ...

SCOM 1801: Login Session Expired on Internet Browser related to Web Console

Hi,
when user or admin browse alert link URL to SCOM 1801 Web Console, then the user first get the error
„Your session with the Web console server expired“, although the user was not logged on before.

If user choose then „Use Alternate Credentials“, he/she can log in.

Microsoft Premium Support says that is "by design". We cannot call the BUGS "by design". This is a BUG in SCOM 1801, and must be solved asap.
We have a very large IT infrastructure and this feature is very important for us.

Best regards

Birdal

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Birdal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issue. First logon from browser works as integrated auth. When the user closes/opens the browser, the SCOM console will then show this error.

• Vinu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having this particular issue, but the autoSignOutInterval does not seem to have an effect since 1801. It used to be able to be set to 0 which would never automatically sign out. But with 1801+ it is set to a max 24 hours by default and this can't be changed even if you change the value to 0. It is problematic for wall-board monitoring screens which are meant to be on/up all the time.

• Peter Carnella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also experiencing this issue. I opened a support case and they said it's expected. For me it always happens in a new browser session, if you close and re-open browser. Auto-login always works fine on a new machine, but if you don't manually click the signout button, then a subsequent browser session will throw the Session Expired error - not a good user experience. I'm hoping it gets fixed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base