Linux Agent 1.6.3 (SCOM 1801) should not update sudoers and create users
If you deploy the Linux omsagent using the "Discovery Wizard", the following modification on the system are done:
- three (!) users are added (omi, nxautomation and omsagent)
- some extensive sudoers permissions are given to them via /etc/sudoers.d/omsagent
Many of our clients do not allow scripts to be run as root, where the executed has write permissions on the script. Exactly this is the case for most of the scripts.
1. More documentation why these modifications are required
2. Can the fluenD, omsagent work without them
3. creating users must be optional. Many centrally maintain users and sudoers and changes will be not effective.
In SCOM 2019 the installation has change - to the better.
If you use the discovery wizard as described, only one new account (omi) is now created. This can also be prevented in manual installation. All other accounts and sudoer changes are only done if you enable the omsagent (fluentD) integration.
The linux xplat agent still has a long way to go.
Agreed, the install should be configured so we can modify the sudoers file with our own accounts