I suggest you ...

Correct the fact that all UNIX/Linux-based monitor health states are reset when a Management Server (or Gateway) is rebooted.

When a Management Server (or Gateway) is rebooted, all UNIX/Linux-based monitor health states are reset, resulting in the subsequent re-generation of a slew of alerts for all related x-plat agents

77 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joanie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nicolas Couture commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% with Larry Leblanc. When a reboot a MS or a Gateway, all of my actives monitors on UNIX/LINUX are reset and the Unix/Linux support teams are notified by the already know alerts. Imagine in the middle of the night...

• Larry Leblanc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Though this may be currently be "By Design", all of my customers that monitor UNIX/Linux using SCOM are affected by the flood of alerts following a reset of the monitors when the MSs are rebooted following their monthly patch cycle.

Please note that Joanie, the original requester, is not having an issue with the MS consuming high memory; the problem is particularly apparent following the monthly patch cycle.

• Thorsten S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Neha,
        I do have the same issue. I run into that problem once a week as the management servers hosting the Linux agents seem to run out of memory regularly. We have three dedicated servers and the virtual memory is going up to around 30GB. The servers need to be rebooted then to fix that issue (SCOM 2016 UR3).
        If we don't disable the subscriptions all of the open alerts will trigger again and cause lots of mails to be sent. It usually takes up to 10 minutes after a reboot for the status to be updated .

• Neha Garg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Joanie, can you please tell how long does it take for the monitoring server to receive the present health state of xplat agents? How often you fall into this issue? What are the issues you face when health state is reset?

Feedback and Knowledge Base