I suggest you ...

Eliminate Web Application Monitor from being a roll-up

Over the past years we've had numerous false or erroneous alerts using the Web Application Availability Monitoring template due to the fact that the Web Application Monitor is a roll-up.

In a majority of our use cases we only care when the status code is not equal to 200, however because this monitor is a roll-up it will trigger from anything to certificate, to random probe errors, or any of the other situations the URL probe is watching due to it being a roll-up.

Today we send all alerts from SCOM to IBM Netcool/Omnibus where we've added custom logic to discard a variety of different criteria to try our best to make sure we are only alerting on the HTTP Status code. I understand most customers aren't in this situation and are stuck using this as is which ulimately is broken.

However when the roll-up triggers due to something not related a status code, the monitor is not in an unhealthy state where the URL is still returning a 200 which is problematic for a number of reasons.

Can you please either separate out these monitors 1 by 1 or at least allow us to override so we can pick and choose exactly what we want like URLGenie or some other custom solution. I've look at URLGenie but we need to have high availability like we do today with the Web Application Availability templates which all for the use of a resource pool.

Hopefully we're not the only ones who've encountered this problem.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Noah shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google