I suggest you ...

Reduce CPU impact for SCOMpercentageCPUTimeCounter script

The SCOMpercentageCPUTimeCounter (vbs or ps1) used by Agent processor utilization rule and monitor runs on each agent every 5 minutes (321 sec) and with a sync time set to 00:00.

This causes CPU spike on virtualization hosts.

72 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Martin EhrnstMartin Ehrnst shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • StephenStephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove the sync time from this. That seems like a very simple fix that can help a lot of us out.

• Martin EhrnstMartin Ehrnst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, i havent tought about it earlier, but I was investigating with a colleague from our data center department and we pin pointed it to cscrcript which let me think of scom.
        We dont use this data, so it's disabled now.

Br.
        Martin Ehrnst

• Kevin HolmanKevin Holman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was shocked that this has a synch time. I gave feedback on this workflow when it first came out back in SCOM 2007R2. In general - I recommend disabling the rule and the monitor which both run this script, as it is very noisy for script failures and collects too much perf data in my opinion. That said - I agree - we should not use a default synch time on script datasources unless there is a VERY good reason, as we create resource depletion on virtual hosts when we do this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base