I suggest you ...

Updated VSAE to support Visual Studio 2017

Update VSAE to be fully supported in Visual Studio 2017, which is current.

581 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kevin HolmanKevin Holman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

still nothing?
        I guess it is obvious Microsoft is putting the on-premise system center products down

voted +3

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want to install VS2012, VS1013 or VS2015 when I have full licences for 2017!

• RubensRubens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Dev team,

please provide a short update. - I'm really eager to use VS 2017. ;-)

• Leslie R. ThomasLeslie R. Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There was a comment here indicating that it was under development and would be available in June 2017, but it is now gone. What happened?

• EnisEnis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use VSAE, and really miss it for VS2017. Also, opening large projects is very slow on VS2015.

is there any work for Visual studio code?

• Tyson FlintTyson Flint commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This may be a bit pre-mature, but I'd "really" like to see the VSAE's MP Simulator updated to support JIT debugging of embedded PowerShell scripts (currently it only works for VBS scripts). See 40:30 thru 41:37 of:
        https://youtu.be/fsPb7FW7f6E?t=2430
        I'm writing embedded PowerShell scripts in my MPs and have to log everything to the event viewer for troubleshooting. Currently real-time debugging of PowerShell scripts can only be accomplished by using PowerShell ISE. Setting breakpoints, using watch-values, and stepping through scripts would be awesome to do through the MP Simulator's JIT handler. Perhaps this ask is more of a request for enabling either VS or PowerShell ISE as a registered JIT debugger for PowerShell scripts, without any further changes needed to the MP Simulator.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I might be naive, but what is the reason this is not done out of the box actually? SCOM is a good product, VS too, they both come from the same vendor, and there shouldn't be much work in getting this to work in VS2017. Keeping my 2 installations on VS because VSAE just happens not to be supported is a serious overkill. I wish I could vote more on that.

• Leslie R. ThomasLeslie R. Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do not advise us to use Silect software's solution, as it is inadequate at many tasks. We all went through this with Visual Studio 2015, in which you said that you wouldn't continue to develop the product, but did eventually release it for Visual Studio 2015. If you don't wish to continue this with each release of Visual Studio, please open source it and let the community take it over.

Feedback and Knowledge Base