I suggest you ...

Include the "Universal Linux Monitoring" Management Pack with System Center 2016 Management Packs for UNIX and Linux

Currently the System Center 2016 Management Packs for UNIX and Linux do not include the actual universal monitoring MP (Microsoft.Linux.Universal.Monitoring) for Unix/Linux, and it must be obtained from the older 2012 MPs.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John Austin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John Austin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, KH, for the additional info. I can't edit my initial comment, but obtaining from the 2016 media is certainly preferable to using the 2012 version. :)

• Kevin Holman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FYI - you should not get these from the 2012R2 media - these (and a lot of other core MP's) should be initially imported for the SCOM 2016 media for SCOM 2016, and the SCOM 2012R2 media for SCOM 2012R2. THEN, you go and get the update MP's.... which only include updated libraries by design. The problem is our documentation isnt clear on this. I have updated: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/kevinholman/2016/11/11/monitoring-unixlinux-with-opsmgr-2016/ to clarify the correct sequencing.

• John Austin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the new MP set published yesterday, the "Universal Linux Monitoring" MP is still not included in the 2016 MSI and again must be retrieved from the 2012 R2 MSI.

Feedback and Knowledge Base