I suggest you ...

Delayed Azure monitoring

There is a large and immutable delay of Azure alerts until they visible to SCOM.

The documentation for the Microsoft Azure MP version 1.3.22.0 states on page 48 that “this information [the Azure event log] is checked according to certain periods of time (20-35 minutes)”. The Azure alert is logged in the Azure event log as soon as it is created, but SCOM cannot detect the condition until it has passed the black box of “20-35 minutes”.

This situation is quite unfortunate for us. We *need* to receive alerts from Azure immediately they are raised. It is something of a paradox that we would receive alerts faster if they sent it by mail from Azure and we had someone phone it into us than to receive it via SCOM. We want to use SCOM to monitor Azure; for a ton of obvious reasons.

For us to be able utilize SCOM in a monitoring role for Microsoft Azure we need to have the delay minimized or preferably removed.

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Henrik Nørgaard HansenHenrik Nørgaard Hansen shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Henrik Nørgaard HansenHenrik Nørgaard Hansen commented  · 

Yes, we can confirm that in our environment the issue of delayed alerting has been fixed in version 1.4.4.0 of the Azure Management Pack. We are measuring latencies on the order of 30 seconds. Good job, team.

• Ramya Vastrad, SCOM PMRamya Vastrad, SCOM PM commented  · 

This issue is already fixed in latest version 1.4.4.0. of the Azure MP (Official RTM release)

Feedback and Knowledge Base