I suggest you ...

Windows Certificate Monitoring in SCOM.

Hi Team,

I believe now a days its very common to use Certificates for secure communication including SCOM.

Its surprising we don't have any Mgmt Pack to monitor the same. However, we have third party mgmt. pack already but none is certified yet. I believe there should be certified Mgmt Pack.

Third Party:
http://www.systemcentercentral.com/pack-catalog/pki-certificate-verification-mp/

80 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a big area of need for major corporations with large environments. Relying on a 3rd party/community MP that may or may not get updated is not an enterprise option.

• Rick Bywalski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was using the 3rd party one listed on SCOM 2016 1801 with no issues. Monitoring certificate health is very important in this day and age as many applications use them. At my previous employer we had multiple outages due to certs expiring before I found and installed that MP. After it was installed there was a huge drop in outages due to expired certs. The only ones that happened were if people missed/ignored the alert or the server was in an OU that I was told not to monitor any machines in. When those happened they got pulled into monitoring as well.

• Panos Mavridakis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need an Administration section for all the certificates we produced for the installation of agents (eg different domains) and to monitor all the certificates in the servers (expire date etc)

Feedback and Knowledge Base