I suggest you ...

Web Test created in VS should run internally as well

Currently we could create web tests in Visual Studio and run them from agents in GSM, but it works only for public facing web sites. That would be awesome for internal use as well.

Microsoft would offer a new great feature to SCOM and would have the opportunity to sell more VS Ultimate Editions ;-)

Thanks,
Patrick

72 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Patrick Seidl shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • John Rogal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Patrick S. - Running web tests for internal sites would allow a huge migration of application monitoring into SCOM from HP's Business Availability Center (now APM) and save us big $$$. It would provide a one-stop-shop for all monitoring needs in the company from top to bottom (Web Applications down to all servers and devices) in one place. The fact that Web Traction Monitors cannot run a VS web test internally is an enormous missed opportunity. Instead I have to use Fiddler to record the requests, filter, parameratize, and test, then enter all the requests manually one by one into a Web Transaction monitor. Once that's done, there's no IDE or easy method for debugging. Finding and fixing errors is a time consuming nightmare. Please help us out.

Feedback and Knowledge Base