I suggest you ...

Add PowerShell cmdlets to create views, rules and monitors in SCOM

Today, there is a measley three PowerShell cmdlets for making new items in SCOM. The only thing we can do with PowerShell is make a New ScomLocation (pretty useful, I will admit), and make a new Management Group connection, or a new resource pool.

That's it. There is very little useful scripting support for SCOM. If you take a look at ConfigMgr, there are more than 100 cmdlets for making new items! This needs to change.

My vote is to first create cmdlets to support making new rules, then new monitors, and finally new views.

The syntax should be something like this, perhaps in a WQL or SQL format for building the view itself.

New-SCView -Path "FolderName\AllAlerts(24 Hours)" -ManagementPack $MPName -Content "Select All Alerts from $ObjectName where ResolutionState = 'Open' and TimeCreated = (Get-date.AddHours(-24))"

One of the slowest and worst parts of standing up SCOM for customers today is creating these custom views. All the other System Center products support deep PowerShell integration, let's get with the program.

63 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Stephen Owen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google