I suggest you ...

Discover multiple forests without trusts and properly show them in a diagram

The AD MP still doesn't seem to understand that many organisations have multiple forests, without trusts. If only for DTAP best practices. I would like a topology view, and health rollups, for each forest along with the trusts between them.

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Gerald Versluis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  SCOM PMs responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback. We are now reviewing your feedback and ranking it against the backlog of other requests we have for the ADDS MP. We will update the status of this feedback when we make a decision.

-Suraj

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jacob Fjeldsted commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A new MP have just been released, but they haven't fix the problem....
    Microsoft System Center Management Pack for ADDS v.10.0.2.2
    - This workflow runs on the Root Management Server (RMS) and discovers Active Directory
    instances such as forests, domains, sites, sitelinks, and domain controller computers in addition
    to relationships between those instances that are spread over different forests with two-way
    transitive trust.
    Why don't they allow it to run on Gateways, to discover non-trusted domain?

• Gert Kienhuis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

See this idea now, this isn't a very big thing to realize. I have done this in multiple enviroments by adding an own discovery targeted at the gateway role (often used in these kind of situations) instead of the management server.

• Gerald Versluis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Suraj,
    This is about the ADDS MP. The current MP contains a Distributed Application that can handle only a single forest, but almost daily I see environments that have multiple, untrusted forests.
    Regards, Gerald

Feedback and Knowledge Base