I suggest you ...

Correlation between SCCM Maintenance Windows and automated SCOM Maintenance Mode. So patching weekends can go by alert free.

Correlation between SCCM Maintenance Windows and automated SCOM Maintenance Mode. So patching weekends can go by alert free regardless of administrator intervention.

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dan Farrell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rick Bywalski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this one out of votes but I have up voted this in other posts both on SCCM and SCOM side. I have done something like this using SCORCH but would be nice to not have to run another app just to achieve this.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this and the maintenance window should only last as long as the patching and reboot takes. We also need the ability to trigger a script so that we can deal with other external monitoring systems. We don't want to use task sequences to do this though. We love ADRs way too much!

• Stelian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I developed a solution as compact as (just) a SCOM (2012) Management Pack.
    Once imported it takes care of all the automation to place in Maintenance Mode monitored Windows servers exactly as per Maintenance Windows associated with SCCM collections.
    No need for any other tools or user intervention.
    If interested, please contact me on my blog https://stelianposteablog.wordpress.com/contact-me/.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Current integration needs improvement, SCCM only pauses the agent, it should be like a connector the Connects SCCM and SCOM that when Maintenace Mode is enabled on a Patch deployment it just enables it according to the maintenance windows defined by SCCM.

Server restarts will be better monitored as well.

• Per Eklund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We do exact the way you do, using Orchestrator to import all SCCM patch groups into SCOM and use orhestrator, all SCCM patch group (ad) have a name standard that is easy to understand when the patch will be installed, I use powershell (Orchestrator) to set servers in maintenance .
    From SCOM perspektiv this is perfect, I dont have to care about new servers in SCCM anymore. I just ones per day import the AD patch groups ..

• Delf Meek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Make a connector to respect the maintenance windows in SCCM and have it where servers can be placed in maintenance mode automatically. I currently use Orchestrator for this and it's not streamlined. SCCM deployments just pause the SCOM agent and don't truly place the server in maintenance mode.

Feedback and Knowledge Base