General Operations Manager Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with SCOM? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another SCOM customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building SCOM. We have already added some of the feedback we received through the TAP program and the recent SCOM survey.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to SCOM.
Be specific on your feedback. The more specific, the easier and quicker for us to review. Please be concise!!

If you have technical questions or need help with SCOM, please try visit our MSDN forums.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ubuntu 20 is not yet supported in SCOM 2019.

Ubuntu 20 was first released in April 2020 but is not yet supported in SCOM 2019. The number of servers migrating to Ubuntu 20 has increased a lot in the last months and we don't have it monitored by SCOM. You should provide it urgently

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Unix/Linux Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use the Perl RegEx engine everywhere in SCOM

Modify the RegEx engine leveraged by the expression filters (& possibly elsewhere in SCOM) from the .NET Framework RegEx engine, to the Perl engine that is leveraged by the group calculator module. Doing so would bring the following benefits:

1 - Consistency in the interpretation of regular expressions throughout SCOM;
    2 - A more flexible experience using regular expressions in the context of expression filters, as the Perl engine offers support for RegEx functionality that is not available with the .NET Framework engine, such as the support for certain "Character Classes" (ex.: \d for digit) & "Assertions" (i.e. [Negative] Look(ahead|behind)).

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop dictating how customers use your product

Scom was terrible anyways, now you dictate what alerts we cannot close. This removes the ability for us to move forward with our upgrade. Why you made a change for one person that effects thousands of others shows your intelligence. The feature needs to be disabled. Whoever decided this was a good idea needs to be fired immediatley

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SCOM support for LDAPs (Port 636)

As per Microsoft official documentation. "Configuring a Firewall for Operations Manager" at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/scom/plan-security-config-firewall?view=sc-om-2019 it is clearly called out that SCOM doesnt support LDAPs.

"Operations Manager uses port 389 for LDAP queries for multiple actions such as agent discovery, active directory integration, etc. Operations Manager does not support LDAPs."

Certain client (Banking and Financial Services to be in particular) aren't ready to allow any insecure connection including LDAP (Port 389).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Multi Subnet Failover availability for SCOM 2019

SCOM 2019 with OpsDB on AllwaysOn SQL Server is not Multi Subnet capable. Both nodes of the AllwaysOn server are located in different data centers. If the AllwaysOn failover to the passive node for whatever reason, SCOM loses the connection. He must ask the DNS server until it returns the active node behind the listener name. Unfortunately, this can take longer and the SCOM console does not work during this time. Very ugly! We are in the process of setting up a load balancer from F5 so that the SCOM server receives the response which is the active node behind…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup and Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to allow SCOM Admins to grant Advance Operators the ability to view other AO's Maintenance Schedules

Provide the option for SCOM Administrators to allow roles such as Advanced Operators to view but not edit existing maintenance schedules. This functionality would be beneficial to some customers as it would allow users to prevent creating duplicate schedules or to verify the existence of an expected schedule before beginning work.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Use Fragments direct in the SCOM Console to create MP's

Make Fragments part of the SCOM Console so we can use them when we create MP

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Authoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add support for SNMV3 trap rules in Operations Manager

Enable Operations Manager version to monitor SNMPv3 traps.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Unix/Linux Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Not fair

Hi there,
    This is Muhammad Younus from Skardu
    I recently purchased scom super card and use it , but during the package session scom deducted my balance,
    When I complained to helpline call center 355 they asked me to turn on flight mode your issue will be solved, I done it , but no changes comes.
    It's not fair ,
    Helpline center got giving proper response ,
    They are useless ,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Implement a way for immediate SCOM agent data purge

The current way for immediate agent removal is not supported via SCOM SDK, but involves some SQL tweaking, in order to cleanup the database in advance from remnants of the object. The reason is that all discovery workflows should pass (on their respective schedule) before all references to the objects are removed. More details here: https://kevinholman.com/2018/05/03/deleting-and-purging-data-from-the-scom-database/

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. SCCM MP Client Discovery Hangs

In the latest version of the SCCM Management pack (5.0.8239.1010), the client discovery (Microsoft.SystemCenter2012.ConfigurationManager.ClientDiscovery) hangs on machines that don't have the expected registry keys, it appears. It just runs forever until a 10,000 event is logged, then it starts again.

I found other users reporting this here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/32eed438-87e0-40bc-99b6-e701cef440c4/sccm-2012-mp-discovery-issue?forum=operationsmanagermgmtpacks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other Management Packs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable Edge for Web Availability and Transaction tests monitor

Many new web sites now are blocking IE to accept only Edge. So Web transaction recorder is not working. Even a simple GET test is not working. Is there plan to enable Edge as a working browser for SCOM 2019 Web Application Monitoring templates ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Integration with Meraki Network Devices

Currently, only devices supporting all of the properties in the system MIB-II are able to be discovered in SCOM using SNMP (as far as I understand).

Cisco/Meraki do not support some of these properties which results in a failure to discover the device with SNMP.

Whilst this is a lack of support from Meraki, I assume to persuade customers to use their Meraki dashboard, this IS possible to add such devices in SolarWinds, even though information is restricted. It still allows the device to be discovered.

Meraki devices can be managed and monitored via API, therefore SCOM needs to be…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Network Monitoring  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. OpenSource Management Packs

Hi!
    Make please centralized repository for your (and community) management packs. Community can help you to improve and fix management packs faster.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. maintenance technician

Freelance maintenance technicians also benefit from establishing relationships with multiple clients. Working as a freelancer, you’ll gain employment experience with a variety of businesses, boosting your overall skill set and providing you with more work opportunities in the future.

https://www.fieldengineer.com/skills/maintenance-technician-ericsson

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Need a method for perpetual maintenance mode in SCOM 2016

I want to apply a maintenance mode schedule that will keep a group of servers in mmode 'permanently'. I've tried this with a daily schedule for a duration of 1445 minutes so there's over lap when the next run happens, but it will stop running after a couple days.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Monitoring Windows IoT servers through SCOM

We need option to install and monitor Windows IoT servers through SCOM. This requires that the agent supports installation on Windows IoT Servers and also Managements Packs for monitoring Windows IoT Servers

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Setup and Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. SCOM 2019 Web console: Maintenance Schedule/User Roles enables Active Alerts dasboards

My need is enable only Maintenance Schedules view for users/groups and use self made Alert views in Web Console, but every time enabling Maintenance Schedule @ User Role Properties in Dashboard and Views enables Active Alerts Dashboard and Alert Closure Failure views. Could this be fixed so that only Maintenance Schedule view is possible?

I would like also that at in Maintenance Schedule / Create I could disable Available Objects viewing automatically available servers/objects (meaning that user must know object / server name and type it to available objects field to get it for view)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to repeat email notifications until resolved

Option to resend notifications on a schedule. For example, send the notification once every three hours until the alert is closed.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Microsoft Learn - Learning Paths / Modules for SCOM

SCOM as a product can be somewhat difficult to learn, mostly because of insufficient learning material or courses for existing/new users/customers. I have personally received many comments and questions about SCOM being a difficult and complex product.

Although there are a lot of great community blogs and materials out there, it may still be spread out abit everywhere and difficult to come by.
    So I thought of a Microsoft Learn, which is a free, interactive, hands-on training platform that helps people develop in-demand technical skills related to widely used Microsoft products.

I think Microsoft Learn modules for SCOM could be…

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base