General Operations Manager Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with SCOM? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another SCOM customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building SCOM. We have already added some of the feedback we received through the TAP program and the recent SCOM survey.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to SCOM.
Be specific on your feedback. The more specific, the easier and quicker for us to review. Please be concise!!

If you have technical questions or need help with SCOM, please try visit our MSDN forums.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Active Alerts Screen View

On the active alerts screen, I suggest having a column that will show whether the alert is from a rule or from a monitor. That way, when there is an outage that generates a lot of alerts, it is easier to distinguish ones you can close and ones where you need to check the health again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. System Center OM 1801

https://docs.microsoft.com/ru-ru/system-center/opbuildpdf/scom/scom/toc.pdf?view=sc-om-1801&branch=live

Problems in encoding this file PDF to russian language. Please remove this problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reply on connect bug/feedback posts.

I mean, having this forum is fine but what should change if even nobody replies on posts on connect?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. DHCP Management Pack best practice settings published.

DHCP management needs to change since it collects a large amount of data per scope. It generates Event ID 623 in the OPs manager log about the Health Service store has reached it maximum size. The agent is constantly doing a state change from healthy to unhealthy. If there was a config document on what to turn off in the MP would be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Displaying enum properties in console

Operations manager console shows ID for enum properties instead of it's localized display string. I'd like to use it in SCOM management packs but I see that it doesn't realized properly, only in SCSM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Agent Reads Prior Events After Exiting Maintenance Mode

I've run into an issue where after coming out of maintenance an agent goes back and reads events from prior to the maintenance mode end time. This generates alerts from events that occurred while the machine was in maintenance. It appears this has been an issue since at least 2009, but still exists in the SCOM 2016 agent:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/systemcenter/en-US/8a115e60-ef00-4eb0-a84d-1a420182e70e/sql-management-pack-failing-on-old-sql-agent-jobs

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SCOM 1807 ability to monitor Service Manager 2019

We are unable to migrate to SCOM 2019, but had already migrated Service Manager and Orchestrator to 2019. Service Manager servers report OS health without issues; however, anything related to the Service Manager environment just shows as "Unknown" - since SCOM doesn't have the ability to monitor 2008 R2 servers, upgrade SCOM isn't necessarily an option for everyone.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base