General Operations Manager Feedback

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with SCOM? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in the one of the forums available on the right or vote up an idea submitted by another SCOM customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building SCOM. We have already added some of the feedback we received through the TAP program and the recent SCOM survey.

This forum (General Feedback) is used for any broad feedback related to SCOM.
Be specific on your feedback. The more specific, the easier and quicker for us to review. Please be concise!!

If you have technical questions or need help with SCOM, please try visit our MSDN forums.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have a contextual performance widgets out of the box available for dashboards

We've seen wonderful new Management Packs as the new SQL MP & Exchange 2013 MP.
    Using their own Visualization Management Pack to show contextual performance widgets in their dashboards.

It would be nice if we had more of this new visualization out of the box available, not only for performance but also in general for state views as Exchange 2013 uses.

Some custom examples are already out there from Wei Out There (and they are so cool :)) :

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wei_out_there_with_system_center/archive/2015/06/01/opsmgr-sample-os-summary-dashboard-with-blue-bar-columns.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wei_out_there_with_system_center/archive/2014/09/17/opsmgr-updates-to-sample-dashboard-management-packs-using-the-performance-tile-component.aspx

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve Dashboard Widgets to have same functionality as standard views

Whether I use a standard view (Alert, State, Perf, etc) or include the same type of view in a dashboard, I would like to see them have all of the same options especially for filtering. For instance you can filter alerts by object class in a standard Alert view, but you cannot in an Alert dashboard widget.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set Rules to Auto Close

Have the ability to set Rules to autoclose. Sometimes a server reboots and causes multiple failed Rules and I have to manually close them.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. SCSM Connector that write CI Data back to scom for SCOM Objects. Like Relationships or Additional Data

SCSM Connector that write CI Data back to scom for SCOM CI Objects. Like Relationships or Additional Data for CI Items.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option for no email if alert auto-resolves within delay time frame

Currently in SCOM I can set a delay on a notification subscription. Though, if I set a delay for 10 minutes, and the alert auto-resolves and closes within that time frame I still get a "closed". The purpose of the delay in most environments is because you might not want to see that quick IISReset or something like that.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Filter alerts for resolution state and timeframe in the default Alerts view in the right side Task pane.

I would suggest a way to filter alerts for resolution state and timeframe in the default Alerts view in the right side Task pane.
    This would ease up the troubleshooting and navigation in the console.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add alert thresholds to performance views

Add the warning and critical thresholds to performance views as lines across the charts.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Create a self service style interface for notifications

Create an interface similar to the Distributed Application designer where users (Non SCOM admins) can search/drag and drop SCOM objects that they would like to be notified on.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to Make dashboards public and not require a login without relying on sharepoint.

This would be best paired with the HTML 5 web console request, as to requiring a plugin to see the dashboards can make impromptu presentations a pain.

But without having to define all users into a read only role, I want to be able to flag content as public and not require a login into the web console to view.

Dashboards get created for projects all the time, and need to have good flexibility on who sees the data.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow for management servers be excluded from All Management Servers resource pool without breaking automatic membership for new servers.

For proxies that use Management Servers as their base (Veeam Collectors), removing them from the all management servers resource pool breaks automatic membership for new management servers. It would be nice to have a way to mark management servers somehow to NOT be included in the all management servers resource pool, perhaps by an attribute, so that new servers will still be included in that resource pool.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bettery history tab

Add more context in the history tab on an alert, I want more then alert modified by, what fields where change from what to what.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Offline Catalog

The ability to download and setup an Offline Catalog for secure environments that have no Internet Access. This would not only help when importing new management packs, but when working in Visual Studio in said environment.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow 3rd part Devs to create Universal Apps

Currently there are no SCOM related apps in the Windows store as the SDK service requires the password in secure string format which Universal Apps do not support. Please change this requirements so we can't get some decent SCOM live tiles and dashboards created.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh328992.aspx

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Design SCOM to allow MSPs to more easily monitor multi customer environments

MSPs like ourselves would like SCOM to be designed in a way which allows us to monitor multi customer environments from the one management group easily with little management overhead. Currently SCOM is very difficult to manage in this configuration and requires a lot of customizations around views and groups to separate out monitoring between customers.

Current version of SCOM does not seem be designed around multi customer configurations. We would like to see design go into SCOM which allows us to easily monitor multiple customers, on premise, cloud etc from the one SCOM infrastructure.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. An option to modify the alert description on sealed MPs

Some of the alert names and description are hard to understand in Operations. If we could override or change the these objects on sealed MPs, this would make the console easier to understand.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Browser support for web console

This needs improved to support more browers like Chrome and Firefox.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Override custom fields

Custom fields if often used to enrich alerts for incident management. When you create an override it should be possible to also override the custom fields, so you are able to determine if/what override caused the alert.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Move through large list by letter

When in a large list of groups or similar, I would like to be able to scroll by typing letters. Just like file explorer, if I want to get to files beginning with "S" I press the letter "S" on the keyboard. The same should work within the SCOM console.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow the PowerShell framework to be modular and upgradeable with RUx

Please add more PowerShell support and integration - as well as allowing administrators to keep the framework up to date.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base